Thursday, March 09, 2006

Vruit - Berry Veggie Blend



The common advice is that we should drink about 64 ounces of fluid a day. I probably consume twice that amount and mostly in the form of plain old water. Since I can, at times, struggle to get all my fruit and vegetable servings in a day, a healthy drink that helps fill the requirement is welcome. Of course, I have tried to drink vegetable juices before and haven't gotten very far. In fact, I once tried to drink a V-8 and only made it about 1/8 through a 6 ounce bottle. That said, I would was repulsed at the thought of even taking a sip of Vruit. At the assurances of a co-worker, more like a dare, I reluctantly popped a straw in the juice box and gave a cautiously quick sip. To my surprise, it wasn't bad at all. It was sweet with only a hint of the vegetable taste that I feared so much. I had no problem downing the whole container and, dare I say, enjoyed it. Even the kids liked it and it would be a great replacement for their typical juice boxes. Plus, this stuff gives you the vegetables in a form that doesn't have nearly as much sodium as competing vegetable drinks.

Keep in mind, though, that you should probably only get one serving per day of fruits/vegetables from juice so don't think you can totally rely on this as your source.

The Manufacturer says:
A blend of 100% fruit and vegetable juices that is nutritious and delicious. Eight ounces of Vruit provides one of recommended servings of the fruit and vegetable group.

The Facts:
Serving Size: 8.45oz
Servings per Container: 1
Calories: 110
Fat: 0
Sodium: 25mg
Protein: 1g
Potassium: 370mg
Vitamin A: 100%
Vitamin C: 100%
Iron: 2%
Calcium: 2%

Ratings:
Rating: (all rankings out of 5)
Overall: 4
Taste: 3
Satisfying/filling: 3
Healthy: 4
Performance (for athletes): 4
Diet Appropriate: 3
Category: Juice

Try Vruit here

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Fantastic stuff--my kids love it. I'm glad it doesn't have any added sugar or corn syrup.