Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Late July Organic Mini Peanut Butter Crackers


I constantly find myself needing portable, convenient snacks that my kids can throw into their backpacks for midday fuel or in my pocketbook for those occasions when we find ourselves on the go.

Unfortunately, most of the convenient snack foods available, while skillfully packed in portable, easy to carry packages, often have little to no nutritional merit. These products rely heavily on sugar, unhealthy trans fats, artificial flavors and colors and of course, high fructose corn syrup. However, due to the lack of more healthful alternatives, I must (shamefully) confess that I have begrudgingly purchased a couple of these products for their mere convenience -- saying I’ve lost sleep over it is probably stretching the truth a bit, but I’m not particularly proud of it either.

I’m happy to say that I can temporarily shelve my maternal guilt – at least on this subject - since I recently found Late July Organic Mini Peanut Butter Crackers. While Late July mini crackers do look much like the ones in the quintessential red box that is where the similarities end. Late July’s mini crackers are certified USDA organic, ensuring its utmost quality. There is nothing artificial about these little cuties – made with organic whole wheat flour and organically grown peanuts (among other good stuff). My kids love the buttery taste and fresh, all-natural peanut flavor – in fact, they prefer the flavor of Late July to any other peanut butter cracker. Late July gives me the convenience without forcing me to sacrifice quality or my children’s good health. Late July also comes in organic cheddar cheese mini crackers and large boxes as well as these portable packs.

No comments: