Sunday, April 09, 2006

Peanut Butter & Co. White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter

I have always been a huge fan of peanut butter but have been resisting all-natural varieties partially because I couldn't imagine that they would be any good, partially because I am stubborn, and finally, because I didn't want to spend the extra dollars. It took getting a variety six pack sent as a birthday gift to get me to give it a try. This particular version, though, I was excited to try after reading the review here of one of the other jars in this pack. While that one was excellent I will concur, the White Chocolate Wonderful is even better. Nutritionally, it is, perhaps, minimally less attractive that the Dark Chocolate Dreams, but it is still a decent choice. This stuff tastes like the peanut butter inside of a peanut butter cookie. It is fantastic. What is more, the "natural" composition makes it a bit less "dry" than traditional varieties, thus, eliminating the only complaint I would have with most peanut butter brands. There is no barrier to eating it right out of the jar. It is a treat in itself. I am not sure whether I should compare this to peanut butter or desserts because it is that good.

Nutritionally it is similar to major brands though with less sodium and a bit fewer calories. It also has no trans fats.

The Manufacturer Says:
Smooth crunchy in flavors you would never imagine.

The Facts
Serving Size: 2 Tbsp (1 oz)
Servings per Container: 14
Calories: 180
Fat: 14g (120 calories)
Protein: 6g
Fiber: 1g
Sodium: 35mg
Calcium: 2%
Iron: 2%
Weight Watchers Points®: 5 (barely as 4 tsp is 9)

Ratings: (all rankings out of 5)
Overall: 5
Taste: 5
Satisfying/filling: 5
Healthy: 4
Performance (for athletes): 4
Diet Appropriate: 2
Category: Peanut Butter/Snack Food/Dessert (I couldn't resist)

Find it here.

No comments: