Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Health Valley Low Fat Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

Health Valley Low Fat Chocolate Chip Granola Bars are one of my top picks for a quick breakfast, mid-morning/mid-afternoon snack, or chocolate fix. They have a nice chocolatey taste, but aren't overwhelmingly sweet. They are, of course, all natural and contain no trans fats and are also a good source of 6 B vitamins. One bar is 160 calories with 2.5 grams of fat (1 saturated), 20 mg of sodium, 32 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of fiber, 13 grams of sugar, and 2 grams of protein. This tasty snack also provides 2% calcium, 15% thiamin, 10% niacin, 10% folate, 10% iron, 10% riboflavin, 10% vitamin B6, and 10% vitamin B12.

Since the bars aren't too sweet, I wasn't sure they would appeal to children--so I was delighted when I asked my 7 year old daughter if she liked them and she responded "why wouldn't I like them? They have swirls of chocolate on top and lots of chocolate chips---I love them!"

I couldn't agree more.

Find them at a store near you.

No comments: