Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Peak Protein Granola by Bear Naked

I LOVE granola.

Unfortunately, however, since most granolas out there are full of sugar, corn syrup, saturated & trans fats and *gag* CANDY pieces, I don't allow myself to eat it. At least I didn't allow myself to eat it until I found Bear Naked Granola.

Bear Naked granolas are soft-baked blends that are inspired by the latest nutritional research. They are packed with fiber, protein, antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, & complex carbs and are are free of trans fats, cholesterol, high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, and preservatives.

All of the flavors are fantastic, and I love that they contain only natural, wholesome ingredients. My personal favorite is the Peak Protein flavor--a delicious blend of whole grains and tasty cranberries packed with 10 grams of protein per 1/2 cup serving. I love it mixed in with lowfat yogurt for breakfast or a post workout snack, and I've also been known to eat it right out of the bag.

A 1/4 cup serving is 140 calories, 7 grams of fat (.5 saturated), 25 mg of sodium, 15 grams carbohydrates, 3 grams of fiber, 5 grams of sugar, and 5 grams of protein.

Ingredients: Whole grain oats, wildflower honey, soy flakes, expeller pressed canola oil, sweetened cranberries, soy protein isolate, sunflower seeds, crisp rice (rice and barley malt), whole grain flax meal, cinnamon, natural flavorContains: soy and gluten

Try it now: Bear Naked Granola

No comments: