Thursday, February 09, 2006

No Pudge Fudge Ice Cream Bars

Walking through the freezer aisle, my attention was caught by N0 Pudge ice cream bars that were only 110 calories! That's even less than Skinny Cows -- by 40 calories! I grabbed a couple of boxes and couldn't wait to get home and try them. MISTAKE! I tried both the Giant Strawberry Shortcake Bars and the Giant Chocolate Cookies and Cream. The strawberry ones weren't terrible... there was a little bit of a diet food taste, but I definitely managed to eat the whole thing. The Cookies and Cream however, holy CRAP. They tasted like fake ice cream that had been rolled around in dirt. Seriously, I took two bites and then ran hot water over and watched it melt with great glee. Yech. Unfortunately, I had two boxes of them -- what a waste... threw them ALL out. Stick with Skinny Cows -- there is a lot of quality packed in those 40 calories!

1 comment:

foodguru2 said...

There is really nothing to like about these things. Ok, I guess they are fairly low-calorie and have 4 grams of fiber, but it is all downhill from there. They contain hydrogenated soybean and cottonseed oils to start with and they tast terrible to boot. You see the attractive picture of this large and delicious-looking ice cream that smacks of comparable good humor choices. Even when you open the wrapper it looks like it is going to taste good. At first bite, my first thought was... That must have been a mistake. Maybe I was thinking about something else when I took that bite because surely this thing does not actually taste that bad. In fact, it took about 3 bites before I was convinced and tossed the remainder in the trash. To be completely honest, it was not that it tasted that bad, but that it was most distinctly not a treat. It was more closely matched with a cold rice cake on a stick but with a less pleasing flavor. That was the cookies and cream. The strawberry was not much better but I could at least finish one of those.

The facts:
110 calories per bar.
.5 g saturated fat
95mg sodium
4g fiber
3g protein
95mg sodium
contains partially hydrogenated oils.