Sunday, February 12, 2006

Kay's Naturals Better Balance Protein Chips - Chili Nacho Cheese

For those snackers who enjoy a "crunch," these Protein Chips are a much better choice than potato or corn chips. A 1 oz serving contains only 110 calories, 3.5 grams of fat (0 saturated/trans), 14 grams of carbohydrates, 0 grams of sugar, and no cholesterol. They even boast 3 grams of fiber and a whopping 10 grams of protein. Snackers will even get a nice dose of calcium and iron. The chips have a good amount of flavor, but they have a strange after taste reminiscent of cat food. Overall they aren't bad, but they aren't something I would choose to eat again.

Manufacturer says: A tasty way to get protein and fiber! Better Balance Protein Chips:

  • Gluten Free
  • 3 grams of fiber
  • 10 grams of protein!
  • Only 3.5 grams of fat (NO trans fats)
  • Good source of calcium and iron
  • 100% of the Daily Value for Folic Acid and Vitamin B-12.
  • Try it now: Kay's Natural Better Balance Protein Chips

    1 comment:

    foodguru2 said...

    Eating Better Balance Chili Nacho Cheese Protein Chips was one of the strangest snack experiences I have ever had. My first reaction was that they are completely devoid of flavor. Second bite was a bit worse and reminded me more of dog food. Third bite, I tasted a bit of spiciness, a plus for just about any food, but confirmed that these were pretty bad. By the 10th or 12th one I was quite sure. They are terrible. This is where it got weird. I kept eating them and eating them and eating them. I was like a deer in the headlights. I just couldn’t help myself. There was just something about them that kept me intrigued. Was it that I was trying to understand why a company would produce such of bland product? Was it that I was fooled and the product was good? Was I hoping that I would change my mind? I can say that it wasn’t like I was starving and would eat just about anything. I think this product has some addictive quality that keeps you eating. After about ¾ of the box, I decided that they are not terrible just a bit bland and dog foody, and could be gotten used to.

    Rating: (all rankings out of 5)
    Overall: 2
    Taste: 2
    Satisfying/filling: 3
    Healthy: 4
    Performance (for athletes): 4
    Diet Appropriate: 2
    Category: Snack food