Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Boomi Bar Pistachio Pineapple

The combination of flavors in pistachio pineapple Boomi bars made me very wary as to whether this would be the snack for me. I love pistachios but, pineapples, I could do without. Plus, I am not the biggest fan of honey! I figured this bar was doomed. I was surprised, though, that the combination works and it had enough pistachio taste to win me over. Just like other flavors of Boomi Bars, these have a solid gooey flavor and a unique (in a good way) flavor and texture. I will admit, it takes a few bites to get used to the flavor and appreciate it. It does have a little of the "health food" taste but it doesn't take long to get past that (the dates help a lot) and enjoy the rest of the bar. I can’t say that I would choose these over some of my other favorites but, I do find myself craving the
Boomi bar taste once a week or so. Boomi bars are probably a little too high in calories and to make a good diet food though one 200 calorie bar is unexpectedly satisfying even for a bottomless pit like me. They are probably better suited, however, as an exercise food or a healthier alternative to traditional snack bars.

The Manufacturer says:
100% Natural with No GMOs, preservatives, sulfur, or hydrogenated oils

Nutrition Facts:

Serving Size: 1 bar
Calories/serving: 200 calories
Fat Calories: 80
Fat: 9g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Sodium: 50mg
Total Carb: 28g
Fiber: 3g
Sugars: 17g
Protein: 5g
Iron: 8%

Rating: (all rankings out of 5)
Overall: 4
Taste: 4
Satisfying/filling: 4
Healthy: 4
Performance (for athletes): 4
Diet Appropriate: 3
Category: Snack food

No comments: