Saturday, January 21, 2006

Papadini High Protein Lentil Pasta

Lentil Pasta--admittedly strange sounding, but with 13 grams of protein (I'm a powerlifter, so I'm always trying to find healthy, low fat sources of protein), 5 grams of fiber, and only 1 gram of fat, it was definitely on my "have to try list." After boiling it up, I wasn't quite sure what kind of sauce to add--I opted for tossing it with Bella Cucina's Walnut Sage Pesto (a gourmet treat in its own right), and, after one bite, I was immediately hooked. This pasta has a firm bite, a delightfully nutty flavor, and a "chewy" texture that I simply LOVED! I have since tried the pasta with traditional red sauce, clam sauce, and a variety of other toppings--and I have yet to be disappointed. I highly recommend this pasta both as an extremely healthy food (it's also a great source of iron and folic acid), and as a knock-out taste sensation. One word of advice--make more than one box--the 7 oz goes quicker than you'd expect.

Manufacturer says: Papadini, the lentil bean pasta, is a revolutionary new source of nutrition, so unique that it has been awarded a U.S. patent. This delicious high protein lentil flour pasta is made from beans, providing significant amounts of protein, complex carbohydrates, and soluble fiber (and of course, protein from beans contains no cholesterol or saturated fat.) Provides 13 grams of protein per serving. You'll find that Papadini pasta has the same al dente texture and mild nutty flavor as semolina pasta.

He says: I love the pasta--it's delicious.

3 Year Old says: (No comments--just joyful humming and eating)

6 Year Old says: Good. I like it.

Try it now: Papadini Lentil Pasta

No comments: