Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Kale Krunch

Maybe I was already biased because I LOVE kale, but Alive & Radiant Foods just sent me samples of Kale Krunch, and I was instantly head over heels! The crunchy kale leaves come in several flavors such as Tarragon Dijon, Southwest Ranch, and Hibiscus & Pink Peppercorn (hands down my favorite). They're all fantastic except for the Chockalet Chip Kale Krunch, which, despite the highly believable hype that chocolate and kale go together well, is downright horrible (sorry guys). I downed a 2.2 oz bag for lunch which, for 160 calories, was surprisingly filling. The other nutritional facts (other than being a bit high in sodium--230mg for the Hibiscus & Pink Peppercorn) were pretty impressive--45% daily value of Vitamin A, 35% of Vitamin C, 6% of Iron, 4% of Calcium and Thiamin, and 2% of Niacin, Folate, and Riboflavin. The product is raw, yeast free, gluten free, and vegan and made with organic ingredients. Delicious and good for you! Yay!! Try it: Kale Krunch

No comments: