Thursday, July 19, 2007

Tofutti Mintz's Blintzes

If you are looking to liven up breakfast or want a convenient addition to your next brunch menu you must try the Tofutti brand of pre-baked blintzes called Mintz's Blintzes. Mintz's Blintzes are sincerely delicious crepes that are filled with the Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese filling -- making them instantly dairy free, cholesterol free, and they contain no butterfat like most blintzes. These blintzes are sooooo good that my father, a self-proclaimed "meat and potatoes man" found them extremely delicious (although, I must admit I did not reveal the "secret" ingredient until after he tried and enjoyed one). Each tasty blintz has 90 calories, 4 grams of fat and 3 grams of protein. They are especially delicious when served with a warmed fruit compote -- blueberries are my preferred fruit at the moment. Everyone will enjoy eating these cheese filled beauties -- for those of us who like the taste and health benefits of tofu, Mintz's Blintzes are a tasty, all-natural, guilt-free treat and for everyone else -- what they don't know, won't hurt them!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I say be careful that you don't get old or stale boxes. I've tried them twice - once last year and once yesterday. I tried serving/cooking them the ways they suggest on the box - thawing, microwaving, cooking in skillet - and they've been chewy, tasted stale, and had very little filling. Perhaps I got fluke old boxes, but it gets a big FAIL from me.