Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Laxmi's Delights Organic Flaxseed Spread

With cardio-protective qualities, immune-system boosting properties, and possible anti-tumor effects, flaxseeds were always number one on my "foods-that-I-should-be-eating-but-don't-know-how" list. Sure I'd toss a few in smoothies, salads, and homebaked breads, but my consumption of these wonder seeds was never anything exciting or earth-shattering. Recently, however, I discovered Laxmi's Delights Organic Flaxseed Spread, and my enjoyment of flaxseeds skyrocketed!

This one-of-a-kind line of healthy, gourmet spreads is made from organic flaxseed and comes in intriguing flavors such as Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Dates and Orange Juice. Smear any of these spreads on toast, baguette slices, or sandwiches for a quick healthy snack. The spreads also make a delicious topping for grilled meats, seared fish, or burgers. For a tasty and healthy salad dressing or dip, thin the spreads with yogurt or buttermilk.

I personally love the sweet flavors mixed in oatmeal or on pancakes rolled up with fruit. The Sun-Dried tomato flavor is fantastic with baked potatoes and is a great alternative to butter and sour cream.

Try it now: Laxmi's Delights Organic Flaxseed Spread

No comments: